Weekly Drills 020 - #FunkoPopVinyl
This week your drill is to pick your favourite pop vinyl toy, create a project and then tag it #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #FunkoPopVinyl.
Founded in 1998, Funko ( ← great reference link) has been bringing pop culture toys to the masses for over 20 years. Funko Pop Vinyl figures take characters from popular culture - from movies and TV shows to music and sports stars - and model them in a cute chibi style. Chances are if there’s a character you love, there’s probably a Pop for that! So this week, we want to challenge you to pick your favourite and create a project with it as the hero feature. You can try pushing your illustration skills, maybe even try your hand at animating, or simply perfect your modelling skills. Either way, have a bit of fun with it!
To get some feedback on your work-in-progress project before you submit it, head over to Discord channel and chat with other artists having a crack. To see all the Weekly Drill projects just follow this link.
- Use your favorite art supplies, software and workflow.
- Only submit work created during this week.
- Submit as many entries as you want.
- You can use concept art, models, textures and other assets and include it in your project. However, make sure to credit the artist by linking to their work and explain exactly what you created.
- You must tag your project with #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #FunkoPopVinyl
- Submission open Friday, August 14, 2020
- Submission close Friday, August 21, 2020
Creative Director Justin Mohlman will evaluate entries and select a winner based on quality, creativity, and adherence to the challenge theme.
Official Weekly Drills Achievement badge to show off on your profile page.
To enter this Weekly Drill, simple create a project for your portfolio and tag it. Remember, keep these drills loose and stress-free. This drill is about growing our digital skills, together, as a community.Create Weekly Drill Project
How many entries can I submit?
As many as you want.
How do I tag my project?
During Step 2 of the project building process, you will see a tag input field in the right column under your project title and description input fields. Note: Do not include "#" with your tag (eg: #RookiesWeeklyDrills), the tool already handles that for you. See below for example.