Opportunities don’t get any bigger than this! Weta Digital are back for 2019 and offering a fully paid animation department internship at their amazing facilities in Wellington, New Zealand.
You will spend time working alongside some of the world’s most talented artists and be exposed to tools and techniques used to create Oscar® winning films. As an intern, you will receive first-hand experience on the production floor and assist the teams with completing tasks.
Applicants for this internship must:
- Include strong examples of 3D animation work in their entry.
- Must legally be allowed to work in New Zealand. (Visas will NOT be provided)
- Must be able to complete the internship during the second half of 2019.
- Animation Department position.
- 4-week duration.
- No accommodation provided.
- Fully paid position.
How do I enter?
To go in the running for this amazing opportunity simply:
- Register an account at The Rookies
- Submit an entry to the Rookies Awards 2019 contest.
- Select Studio Internship - Visual Effects - Oceania during your application process.
- Sit back and have over 120 industry professionals review your work.
Think this opportunity is too good to be true? Don’t think you have any chance of winning? Watch this video from three entrants who thought the exact same thing.
About Weta Digital
Weta Digital is one of the world’s premier visual effects companies. Led by Senior Visual Effects Supervisor Joe Letteri, Weta Digital is known for uncompromising creativity and a commitment to developing innovative technology. Groundbreaking performance-driven digital characters like Smaug, Gollum, Kong, Neytiri, and Caesar (from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) are widely acknowledged as some of the best digital characters ever put on screen. Weta’s development of revolutionary virtual production workflows for Avatar, The Adventures of Tintin, and the Hobbit trilogy has firmly integrated digital production techniques into the film production paradigm.
Co-founder Peter Jackson established Weta Digital in 1993 to create the visual effects for his film Heavenly Creatures. The company went on to cement its reputation for cutting edge visual effects with work on blockbusters like the Lord of the Rings trilogy and King Kong.
Weta Digital has six visual effects Oscars® and six visual effects BAFTAs to its credit. Weta recently completed the visual effects for Mortal Engines, Alita: Battle Angel and are currently in production on Avengers: Endgame.