Substance Texturing Challenge - Eddie Robot
Looking to push your texturing skills and even have a crack at Substance Painter? Well, this is chance and we have an incredible asset ready for you to download and start playing with right away.
Eddie is the creation of Paul Braddock, a talented artist currently working at Industrial Light & Magic. Paul has been employed as a VFX artist for over 15 years and has worked on his fair share of epic feature films. Eddie also comes as an unpainted Resin Kit with LED lighting which is totally worth checking out.
A special thanks to Christina Ryan for helping with simplifying the model and doing the UV work.
- Open for submission 7th September 2020
- Entries close 7th October 2020.
- Winners announced 14th October 2020.
- Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question.
- All dates are based on GMT.
How to Enter
- Get Substance Painter. A free trial version of Substance Painter will cover the length of the contest. If you've already used up a trial version previously then email [email protected] for a new request and we can help sort you out.
- Get Eddie model. Cameras are included in the .fbx file for your final renders.
- Texture Eddie with Substance Painter. The design brief is wide open and only limited by your imagination.
- Share your progress and update your entry multiple times.
- Upload final renderings in your last update. We have a render kit if you'd like to add The Rookies logo to your render and make it look pretty ;)
- Start creating your entry (when we open) by going here.
If you’re new to Substance Painter, check out Substance Academy for some quick tutorials to help bring you up to speed. If you’ve never worked with UV Tiles before then check out how to Create a UV Tile Project.
Good luck and if you have any questions jump on our Discord server. Look for #eddie-robot channel.
Use #EddieRobot when promoting the contest on your social media so we can reshare.