Animation Challenge - Crazy in Quarantine
Here’s a challenge for all you aspiring animators looking to expand your talents.
Go grab a rigged character from somewhere (or use your own rigged character), load it into a 3d package (we don’t care which one), animate it to the theme of ‘Crazy in Quarantine’.
We’re expecting some pretty ‘out there’ animations with a theme like this. Extra points will be given to those that can make the judges laugh or cry!
- Open for submission 28th September 2020.
- Entries close 28th October 2020.
- Winners announced 5th November 2020.
- Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question.
- All dates are based on GMT.
- Video submissions entries need to be uploaded onto YouTube or Vimeo , then linked and embedded to participate in the contest.
- The time limits will be 3 seconds minimum - 10 seconds maximum. All entries need to be in a standard 24fps or 30fps format.
- All types of rigs, animation styles and mediums are allowed to participate (2D, 3D, stop-motion and more).
- The Artist must submit an entry directly to our contest. Only entries that are submitted here will be reviewed by our judging panel and considered an official entry.
- Entries must relate to the contest theme and be original content.
- You must share your progress. This is a Play-by-Play contest that requires you to add multiple updates to your entry page, similar to how a forum discussion works. Learn more about Play-by-Play contests in our Helpdesk.. Entries that only upload a single update will not be considered.
A final animation video no longer than 10 seconds.
How to Enter
Follow this link to enter the challenge now!
- Find a character rig to use (this challenge is not software specific so you can use any rigged asset). Check out this page for some free rigs
- Create an animation between 3 seconds and 10 seconds.
- Share your progress and update entry multiple times.
- Create a Rookies account to enter the contest (if you don’t already have one).
- Embed your final video.
- Include the hashtag #CrazyInQuarantine if you share on your social media so we can reshare.