Game Art Challenge - World of Real-time Discoveries
If you choose to accept this challenge, you will need to imagine an unseen distant planet and recreate it as a real-time environment render
The Rookies in partnership with Experience Points brings you our next challenge.
If you choose to accept this challenge, you will need to imagine an unseen distant planet and recreate it as a real-time environment render. Your world must include different types of vegetation and plant life. It must be vast and open, and most importantly it must evoke wonder, disbelief and emotions.
The prize is going to be something that every member will want, and it's not software or hardware, it's an opportunity! In this challenge, we will ask you to create an environment composed with its own original design based on a script provided by our director.
- Entries Open 15th March 2021.
- Entries Close 15th May 2021.
- Finalists Announced 26th May 2021.
- Winners Announced 29th May 2021.
- All dates are based on 11:59pm GMT.
- You must share regular updates of your progress to your entry page. Entries that only upload a single update will be disqualified.
- Scene must be rendered using a real-time engine (eg: UE4/Unity/Eevee).
- Your scene must be original, unique and evoke wonder.
- Your scene must include vegetation, foliage and a strong presence of storytelling that reflects the provided script.
- Speedtree, Megascans and other third-party environment tools may be used in your scene.
- Ray Tracing is allowed
Who Can Enter?
Only members of The Rookies can enter this contest. This means that you must be an aspiring artist. You can be a student, self-taught artist, or even a hobbyist. Please note that anyone with more that 12 months professional employment in a related industry is not eligible to enter.
How to Enter
Follow the link below and create an entry. Use your entry page to share updates as you create your masterpiece. Your last update will be considered as your final submission.
Need some inspiration to get those creative juices flowing. Check out some of these links:
Peyton : Foliage https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Z4v5N-
Karen : Foliage https://www.artstation.com/artwork/EQQbA-
Patrick : Vegetation https://www.artstation.com/artwork/6aPEDn-
Billy : Vegetation and Reuse https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8eb1GO-
Casper : World Breakdown https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mql0b1-
Alireza : Nice Breakdown + tuts https://www.artstation.com/artwork/w8Dn29