Job Opportunity: Are you ready to work at Weta Digital in the Modelling Department?
Weta Digital is looking for an aspiring artist to be a part of their Modelling Department. Look no further, as opportunities like these don't come around very often. To say this could change your life is an understatement - and you know it!
For four weeks, you could be employed by Weta Digital. I'll let that sink in a little. You will receive feedback from experienced artists on their work, develop knowledge of the VFX pipeline and will improve your skill set on some of the most exciting film projects in production.
If all goes well, anything is possible beyond! Just check out this video from other Rookies that landed one of these incredible opportunities.
- Studio Location: Wellington, New Zealand
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Salary: Paid position
What skills do you need show?
Weta is are looking for artists with strong technical and creative modelling skills, who can use real world references to create an interesting model that considers functionality and range of motion.
You’ll need to demonstrate skills in hard surface modelling, environment modelling, grooming, wardrobe and Character modelling.
They’re also keen to see work produced using Maya, Z-Brush, Marvelous Designer, Blender, Houdini, X-Gen and/or Mudbox.
- You must have less than 12 months professional experience working in visual effects or related fields.
- Must be motivated to work in the Modelling Department on blockbuster feature films.
- Must be able to complete the internship during the second half of 2021.
- Must legally be allowed to work in New Zealand. (Working visa not provided).
- Include strong examples of props, hard surface, environments, and character work in your entry alongside any reference used.
- You can include examples of 3D concept art, but the primary finished assets should be ready for production.
- Share detailed breakdowns of the final model’s topology and UV’s.
How to Apply
To be considered for this incredible opportunity, you must upload your best work to the Rookie Awards contest.