Win a Dell Precision 5750 mobile workstation with NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000
Yes, you read that right! Dell’s first thin and light 17-inch mobile workstation features the Dell Optimizer for Precision with AI, the latest processors and NVIDIA graphics to help take your 3D Animation skills to the next level.
Let's check out the prize first
The new, ultra-premium Precision mobile workstations featuring Dell Optimizer for Precision: Dell's most intelligent mobile workstations with AI-based optimization. Let's make genius real.
The right technology: Up to 10th Gen Intel® Core™ or Xeon® vPro® processors offer businesses the performance, manageability, built-in security features, and stability of Intel® architecture.
Professional graphics: Working with 3D CAD, graphic design, animation, AI or VR is easy with next generation NVIDIA® Quadro® RTX3000 graphics with 6GB of memory.
Fast, dependable memory: Accelerate workflows and improve response time with high-speed memory up to 64GB at 2933MHz. Also available with ECC memory.
Store your creations: Keep your designs local with up to 4TB of high-speed PCIe storage*, as well as RAID 1 and 0 options.
Ports & Slots: 1. 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C™ port with Thunderbolt™ 3 | 2. SD card reader | 3. Headphone jack | 4. Lock slot | 5. 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C™ port with Thunderbolt™ 3.
Nvidia Graphics Card
Access the most powerful visual computing capabilities in thin and light laptops anytime, anywhere. NVIDIA RTX™ and Quadro® professional laptop GPUs fuse speed, portability, large memory capacity, enterprise-grade reliability, and the latest RTX technology—including real-time ray tracing, advanced graphics, and accelerated AI—to tackle the most demanding creative, design, and engineering tasks on the go.
- Model, animate, simulate, and render photorealistic characters, environments, and visual effects in the studio, on location, or from anywhere.
- Edit up to 8K quality footage with AI-enhanced features.
- Bring RTX acceleration to the creative applications you use every day to create, animate, and design more visually stunning content than ever before.
I want it, how do I enter?
To enter this contest, you need to have a passion for creating content for 3D animated films. Let's face it, when you are creating amazing digital 3D content you need a serious rig. You know this is it, now you need to share your best work with our team of judges.
Eligibility & Terms
- You must have less than 12 months professional experience working in visual effects or related fields.
- You must share examples of your best 3D work to enter.
- Entrants can be, but not limited to: Modelers, Texture & Shading, Riggers, Lighters, Animators, Effects TDs, Compositors and more.
- Entries should include content created specifically for use with feature animated films and short films. Typically content submitted to this category is what you’d expect to see in a Pixar movie. It’s 100% computer generated and can be stylised to look cartoony or even look photorealistic similar to their more recent movies.
- The judges will select one (1) winner.
- Winner announced 16th July, 2021.
How to Enter
To enter this contest, you must complete the following steps:
- Register an account at The Rookies
- Visit the Rookie Awards and confirm your eligibility.
- Submit an Entry to the Rookies Awards by uploading your best 3D images, videos and supporting media. Make sure to select ‘Rookie of the Year > 3D Animation’ as your nominated category.
Need some help?
Look for the yellow Helpdesk Live Chat button located bottom-right on each page of The Rookies website, and start a chat with our team.