New Challenge: Flash Gordon Modeling Contest
Looking to push your modeling skills and take on a production based challenge?Well, this is chance and we have an incredible concept art design pack ready for you to download and start working with right away.
Who is Flash Gordon?
Science-fiction spaceman hero Flash Gordon, was created in 1934 by illustrator Alex Raymond and writer Don Moore as a Sunday feature for King Features Syndicate. Intended to compete with the popular comic strip Buck Rogers, the series followed the intergalactic adventures of Flash Gordon, his girlfriend Dale Arden, and the scientist Dr. Hans Zarkov on the alien planet Mongo.
Since then, everything from radio programs, movies, cartoon, sci-fi series and even children’s records have been created due to its huge fan base. It’s your turn to re-imagine this world and bring it to life in this modeling challenge.
It’s now your turn to take a new spin on this franchise with the help of some incredible concept designs created by one of our Rookies. Giuseppe Di Stasio, is a concept artist from Milano, Italy that studied at Syn Studios.
Giuseppe has completely re-imagined the Flash Gordon universe. He has redesigned its characters, the transport and the universe itself. Your task is to choose one of his inspiring concept designs, and then build it as 3D digital model.
So many Prizes
Everyone who submits an entry to this contest will automatically go in the running to win the following Random Giveaway. One of you lucky entrants will be chosen at random to win this pack. Creative and Technical skills are not a factor here for winning, so even a Debut member who is creating their first 3D model could win!
The prize includes these 3 items:
- 1 x Limited Edition Rookies Backpack
- 1 x ZBrush Perpetual License
- 1 x Substance Indie Subscription (6 month)
Drool Worthy Tablet Prizes
Both Wacom and XP-Pen are proud sponsors of this contest. Check out these incredible products that you could win to help level up your digital sculpting skills.
There are loads of other amazing prizes, so make sure to check out the full prize list here.
Custom Achievement Badges
All our usual contest badges for Excellence Awards, Highly Commended and Winners will be awarded to entries selected by the Judges. These will appear on your Rookie profile page and entry page for all to see.
- Entries Open 3 June 2021
- Entries Close 18 July 2021.
- Finalists announced 31 July 2021.
- Winners announced 10 August 2021.
Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question. All dates are based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
Groups & Categories
To make things easier, we have split the contest into two main Categories which are outlined below:
- High Resolution Sculpt - open to individual artists interested in creating a highly detailed 3d model.
- Real-time Model - open to individual artists interested in created real-time models suited for game engines.
- You must be an aspiring student, self-taught artist, or hobbyist with a passion for creative media.
- You are not eligible to enter if you have more than 12 months professional experience in a related field.
- For further information please read the rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there.
Not sure about your eligibility? Reach out to our team via our helpdesk.
Make sure to join all the action over in this dedicated channel - Discord server. We will make sure to get some of the judges to add feedback. They will throw is a few live Twitch stream so make sure to check notifications.
Use #FlashGordonChallenge when promoting your entry on your social media, our team can then reshare your work.