New Contest - Adobe Substance 3D - Virtual Photography
Adobe has just dropped Adobe Substance 3D, a collection of powerful 3D tools for both professionals and young artists. The new applications have incredibly efficient workflows powered by advanced machine learning. This is all designed to help simplify and speed up the entire creative 3D process. To make things even more exciting, Adobe has released a 3D Asset Library with 2,000+ production quality models, materials and lighting setups that makes this a massive announcement from the tech giant.
We are so excited about the potential of this new suite of tools that we had to create the first contest to use it!
We want to see what you can create with Adobe Substance 3D Stager. This is an intuitive rendering and layout tool that enables users to create both stylized and photorealistic renders by compositing assets into a 3D scene for creative professionals.
You are required to build an interior environment, and create a photorealistic render using only the default 3D models, materials, lighting and renderer provided in Adobe Substance 3D Stager.
For your entry, you will need to share your progress regularly on the contest platform. For your final submission to the judging panel, please upload 1-5 of your most photorealistic renders created with Stager.
- You can add decals using Adobe Illustrator
- No post production work allowed in Photoshop
- No importing of additional materials
- No importing of third-party or personal models
Include The Rookies Logo on your final renders using this Photoshop file. Additional renders can be included in addition to the required renders.
Training & Support
Adobe Substance 3D is a new suite of incredibly powerful tools. To help get you up to speed here is a great tutorial blog post that will help. Make sure to watch this Substance 3D Stager First Steps video, it shows exactly what we are wanting you to do for this contest.
- You must be an aspiring student, self-taught artist, or hobbyist with a passion for creative media.
- You are not eligible to enter if you have more than 12 months professional experience in a related field.
- For further information please read the rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there.
- Entries Open 24 June 2021
- Entries Close 24 July 2021.
- Finalists announced 31 July 2021.
- Winners announced 10 August 2021.
Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question. All dates are based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
Everyone who submits an entry to this contest will automatically go in the running to win the following Random Prize Giveaway. 1 x lucky entrant will be chosen at random to win the following Limited Edition items from Adobe:
- 1 x Creative Cloud license
- 1 x Personal, Tablet & Notebook Organizer
- 1 x Appeel Mid Size Notebook
There are loads of other prizes for the entrants that submit the most photorealistic renders from Adobe Substance 3D Stager. Full list of prizes can be found here.
Head over to the official contest page and start building your contest entry!