New Contest - Knight Spider Animation Challenge
Knight Spider is standing in a bind-pose right now, and looking a little sad. We want you to bring him to life! Your brief is to create a 10 second performance video or dynamic poses to really show off Spider Kings attitude and emotions.
We're super excited to announce the Knight Spider Animation Challenge is now open for submissions.
Knight Spider Overview
Look how amazing this character is! It really is a beautiful production quality asset ready for animating and we're expecting some funky animation moves from this dude!
Training Videos & Support
It's all good, we've got your back. This is a professional rig so there is plenty to learn. The good news is that we have a whole bunch of videos that run you through everything you need to know.
Download Knight Spider RigDownload Rig
Enter the Challenge
- Entries Open 01 October 2021
- Entries Close 14 January 2022.
- Finalists announced 22 January 2022.
- Winners announced 03 February 2022.
Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question. All dates are based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
We have a fantastic lineup of prizes for this challenge. From hardware to software and even animation courses valued at over $15,000. To see the full list of prizes go here.
- You must be an aspiring student, self-taught artist, or hobbyist with a passion for creative media.
- You are not eligible to enter if you have more than 12 months professional experience in a related field.
- For further information please read the rules. Don’t worry, there isn’t too much lawyer talk in there.
Sharing work on social media?
Make sure to include #KnightSpiderRig and @TheRookiesCo and we can reshare your work for all to see!
Working with Autodesk Maya
For those of you without access to Maya, don't worry! You can download a Free trial of Maya for 30 days and start animating right now.Try Maya free for 30 days