V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max Beta Released
Chaos are getting close to releasing V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max and they are inviting all V-Ray users to join their beta program, explore all that’s new, and help make it even better. Join the beta to test-drive all the new tools, allowing you to build anything imaginable — faster than ever before.
Chaos are getting close to releasing V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max and they are inviting all V-Ray users to join their beta program, explore all that’s new, and help make it even better.
Join the beta to test-drive all the new tools, allowing you to build anything imaginable — faster than ever before. Create complex environments, or intricate geometric patterns for your designs quickly and easily.
Shade faster and create even more physically accurate materials.
And, when you’re ready, fast-forward your collaboration, reviews and approvals in Chaos Cloud. Plus much more.
The Beta Experience
Check out the V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max beta features:
Create forests, fields, crowds, and more using our new scatter tool. It's fast, easy, and it lets you add lots of detail to your scene without using lots of memory. Download one of our free scatter presets from Chaos Cosmos to get started.
With Enmesh, you can think of geometry like a texture — but rather than repeating an image over a surface, it uses tileable geometry. Enmesh is ideal for creating patterns such as fences and fabrics, and it uses much less memory than displacement or copying by hand.
Other cool features
- V-Ray Decal with Displacement: You can now use V-Ray Decal to add displacement to any surface for even more realistic cracked walls, rocks, embossed lettering, and more.
- V-Ray Proxy Object Hierarchy: Easily turn on or off an individual object’s visibility or material override with the new V-Ray Proxy hierarchical view. Set custom order by name, and streamline your geometry exchange and custom library workflows.
- Chaos Cloud Collaboration: Get rapid, consolidated feedback on your work’s progress. Upload your renders to Chaos Cloud Collaboration right from V-Ray’s Frame Buffer, and share your work with colleagues and clients to add comments and annotations.
- Procedural clouds: Craft just the right cloudy sky for your environment in just a few clicks with V-Ray’s new procedural clouds system.
- New ground projection: Elevate your HDRI environment renders with the new, more flexible ground projection capabilities of the V-Ray Dome Light.
- Faster UI draw times: Get a smoother experience when working with shading networks. V-Ray’s materials and textures interface now comes with much faster load times.
- Enhanced V-Ray Material energy preservation: Render even more physically accurate rough metals and other reflective surfaces with enhanced V-Ray Material energy preservation.
- Thin Film layer: Create realistic soap bubbles, oil spills, and more with the new Thin Film option in the V-Ray Material.
- V-Ray Material Faster SSS: Render translucent materials even faster with a brand-new V-Ray Material SSS mode.
Take a sneak peek at the incredible new version of V-Ray, including new tools that cut through complex designs, and Chaos' fastest-ever shaders and materials. Join now.