Rookie Awards 2023: Your Chance to Be Recognized in the Creative Industry
The 13th Annual Rookie Awards is open to young creatives in visual effects, animation, games, virtual reality, motion graphics and 3d visualisation. There is simply no better way to launch your career and start sharing your amazing work online.
We have officially kicked off the 13th edition of our global competition, the Rookie Awards. Artists of all skill levels from around the globe are invited to showcase their work in visual effects, animation, games, VR, virtual fashion, motion graphics, concept art, and design, for a chance to earn recognition from over 150 industry heavyweights, win an array of prizes, and industry opportunities that can propel their careers to new heights.
New in 2023
- Dell Technologies, NVIDIA, and Adobe, join Autodesk and Epic Games as major partners;
- EA Sports and Outpost VFX join Wētā FX as major studio partners;
- CLO Virtual Fashion supports the Rookie Awards alongside Marvelous Designer this year;
- 40% of judging panel represented by women;
- Random Giveaway to 12 x lucky participants worth up to US$40,000;
- 17 career opportunities available at top studios.
The Rookie Awards has become a must-enter event for up-and-coming artists who are looking to make a name for themselves in the industry. Winning the Rookie Awards is a “stamp of approval” that can launch an artist's career and help them transition from debut to professional. The competition's judges include some of the biggest names in the business, and finalists will have their work seen, graded, and shared by industry heavyweights.
I love being involved with The Rookies and the community they have built. I feel there is an opportunity within The Rookies to continue having outreach and support for artists outside of my regular job which I am very thankful for.
Kelly Barschig, VP, Talent Acquisition, That's No Moon
This year's competition is fortunate to have eight major sponsors, including Epic Games, Dell Technologies, NVIDIA, Adobe, Autodesk, and three major studio sponsors - Wētā FX, Outpost VFX, and EA Sports. In addition, dozens of other companies are sponsoring the contest and actively helping provide opportunities for aspiring digital artists:
SideFX, Chaos, Lenovo, CLO, Marvelous Designer, Foundry, GridMarkets, Marmoset, Huion, Maxon, Wacom, Isotropix, Toon Boom Animation, KitBash3D, Sini Software, Browzwear, 2G Studio, 3D World, AWN, Ghost VFX, Blowfish Studios, Binyan, Mighty Kingdom, DNEG, INDG, On Animation Studio, That's No Moon, Unsigned Studio, beloFX, Playside Studios, Realworld One.
I am so fortunate to follow the journey of so many of our members from the moment they join as debuts, to marveling at their Rookie Awards entries as they progress on their journeys. I am always amazed at the passion, creativity, and talent that is evident in their work.
Sabrina Scalfari, Marketing & Education, The Rookies.
The official Category Groups and Categories are:
- Rookie of the Year: 2D Animation, 3D Animation, Visual Effects, Concept Art, Game Development, Immersive Media, Motion Graphics, Product Design, Architectural Visualization, and Virtual Fashion.
- Film of the Year: 2D Animation, 3D Animation, Visual Effects.
- Game of the Year: Immersive Media, Mobile, PC & Console
- Specialty: School of the Year
Important dates for the Rookie Awards are:
- 07 March 2023: Entries open
- 01 June 2023: Entries close
- 09 July 2022: Finalists Announced
- 27 July 2022: Winners Announced
“Celebrating new talent and ideas, The Rookie Awards provides creators of all skill levels with a much-needed platform in their emerging careers. Epic is proud to sponsor The Rookies as they continue to recognise the exceptional work of students and schools across the globe.”
Julie Lottering, Director, Unreal Engine Education at Epic Games.
The Rookie Awards is more than just a competition; it's a community of like-minded artists who support and encourage each other to push the boundaries of their craft.
From certificates to badges, from career opportunities to random giveaways, the Rookie Awards have a truckload of prizes for you to win. So get ready to walk away with a smile on your face and a spring in your step.