Weekly Drills 032 - #headphones
This week we want you to create some headphones that you own, or would love to own. Ideally you should be able to use them as a prop in a game, film, digital render, or even as a drawing.
This week we want you to create some headphones that you own, or would love to own. Ideally you should be able to use them as a prop in a game, film, digital render, or even as a drawing for your portfolio. Then simply tag it #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #headphones.
There are obviously plenty of options to choose from this week with DJ Style, over-ear, on-ear, gaming headsets and ever earbuds up for grabs. As usual, make sure to pay attention to the finer details. Really look into how the product is constructed - Where are the moulding join lines? What is the textural detail? What different materials are there? Are these fresh or used?
To get some feedback on your work-in-progress project before you submit it, head over to Discord channel and chat with other artists having a crack. To see all the Weekly Drill projects just follow this link.
- Use your favourite art supplies, software and workflow.
- Only submit work created during this week.
- Submit as many entries as you want.
- You can use concept art, models, textures and other assets and include it in your project. However, make sure to credit the artist by linking to their work and explain exactly what you created.
- You must tag your project with #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #headphones
- Submission open Friday, November 7, 2020
- Submission close Friday, November 14, 2020
Justin Mohlman will evaluate entries and select a winner based on quality, creativity, and adherence to the challenge theme.
Official Weekly Drills Achievement badge to show off on your profile page.
To enter this Weekly Drill, simple create a project for your portfolio and tag it. Remember, keep these drills loose and stress-free. This drill is about growing our digital skills, together, as a community.Create Weekly Drill Project
How many entries can I submit?
As many as you want.
How do I tag my project?
During Step 2 of the project building process, you will see a tag input field in the right column under your project title and description input fields. Note: Do not include "#" with your tag (e.g. #RookiesWeeklyDrills), the tool already handles that for you. See below for example.