Weekly Drills 007 - #SurvivalGear
This week your drill is to create a automobile related project. Then tag it #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #SurvivalGear.
Everyone loves a good adventure, but when things get complicated and your life's on the line, you need to depend on your survival gear. This week your drill is to create a project that includes some survival gear. It could be a med kit, a compass, a liferaft, or even a multi-tool. The key is to really push yourself to get some great reference and get into the details.
To get some feedback on your work-in-progress project before you submit it, head over to Discord channel and chat with other artists having a crack. To see all the Weekly Drill projects just follow this link.
- Use your favorite art supplies, software and workflow.
- Only submit work created during this week.
- Submit as many entries as you want.
- You can use concept art, models, textures and other assets and include it in your project. However, make sure to credit the artist by linking to their work and explain exactly what you created.
- You must tag your project with #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #SurvivalGear.
- Submission open Friday, May 15, 2020 (approx. 10am GMT/UTC)
- Submission close Friday, May 22, 2020 (approx. 10am GMT/UTC)
Creative Director Justin Mohlman will evaluate entries and select a winner based on quality, creativity, and adherence to the challenge theme.
Official Weekly Drills Achievement badge to show off on your profile page.
To enter this Weekly Drill, simple create a project for your portfolio and tag it. Remember, keep these drills loose and stress-free. This drill is about growing our digital skills, together, as a community.Create Weekly Drill Project
How many entries can I submit?
As many as you want.
How do I tag my project?
During Step 2 of the project building process, you will see a tag input field in the right column under your project title and description input fields. Note: Do not include "#" with your tag (eg: #RookiesWeeklyDrills), the tool already handles that for you. See below for example.