Weekly Drills 013 - #SpaceRocket
This week your drill is to create a projects that has some kicks in it. Then tag it #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #SpaceRocket.
This week is all about hard-surface modeling and creating a space rocket. The goal is to really focus on the design and realism of your rocket with impressive attention to detail. You can create a full space rocket, or tackle a smaller section of it like the thrusters and go all out with pipe detailing and panel.
To get some feedback on your work-in-progress project before you submit it, head over to Discord channel and chat with other artists having a crack. To see all the Weekly Drill projects just follow this link.
- Use your favorite art supplies, software and workflow.
- Only submit work created during this week.
- Submit as many entries as you want.
- You can use concept art, models, textures and other assets and include it in your project. However, make sure to credit the artist by linking to their work and explain exactly what you created.
- You must tag your project with #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #ToolShed.
- Submission open Friday, June 27, 2020 (approx. 10am GMT/UTC)
- Submission close Friday, July 04, 2020 (approx. 10am GMT/UTC)
Creative Director Justin Mohlman will evaluate entries and select a winner based on quality, creativity, and adherence to the challenge theme.
Official Weekly Drills Achievement badge to show off on your profile page.
To enter this Weekly Drill, simple create a project for your portfolio and tag it. Remember, keep these drills loose and stress-free. This drill is about growing our digital skills, together, as a community.Create Weekly Drill Project
How many entries can I submit?
As many as you want.
How do I tag my project?
During Step 2 of the project building process, you will see a tag input field in the right column under your project title and description input fields. Note: Do not include "#" with your tag (eg: #RookiesWeeklyDrills), the tool already handles that for you. See below for example.