Weekly Drills 024 - #Sunglasses
This week we want you to find or design some sunglasses that could be used by a hero character for a game/film, then create a project with it as the central piece and tag it #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #Sunglasses
Every hero character in a film or games typically needs a pair of sunnies. The right pair can really help the character look cool, a bit nerdy or even like a futuristic bounty-hunter. With this in mind, your challenge this week is to find a pair of sunnies that would be perfect for a character you have created before, or would like to create at a later date. You could even create a pair for your favourite character that exists in a game or film!
To get some feedback on your work-in-progress project before you submit it, head over to Discord channel and chat with other artists having a crack. To see all the Weekly Drill projects just follow this link.
- Use your favorite art supplies, software and workflow.
- Only submit work created during this week.
- Submit as many entries as you want.
- You can use concept art, models, textures and other assets and include it in your project. However, make sure to credit the artist by linking to their work and explain exactly what you created.
- You must tag your project with #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #Sunglasses
- Submission open Friday, September 11, 2020
- Submission close Friday, September 18, 2020
Creative Director Justin Mohlman will evaluate entries and select a winner based on quality, creativity, and adherence to the challenge theme.
Official Weekly Drills Achievement badge to show off on your profile page.
To enter this Weekly Drill, simple create a project for your portfolio and tag it. Remember, keep these drills loose and stress-free. This drill is about growing our digital skills, together, as a community.Create Weekly Drill Project
How many entries can I submit?
As many as you want.
How do I tag my project?
During Step 2 of the project building process, you will see a tag input field in the right column under your project title and description input fields. Note: Do not include "#" with your tag (eg: #RookiesWeeklyDrills), the tool already handles that for you. See below for example.