Weekly Drills 027 - #InsectWorld
This week we want you to create a project with a small insect as the central subject and tag it #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #InsectWorld.
Insects play an essential role in our world. They are an amazingly diverse group of animals that have conquered almost every environment on earth. Your challenge this week is to find an insect that inspires you to start building. Don't rush the research stage too quickly. We really want you to pay close attention to the smallest of details. We don't need you to create a complete asset either.
We are happy for you to focus on a single skill such as modelling. For those who want to push their texturing, rigging or animation go download a free asset and start working.
To get some feedback on your work-in-progress project before you submit it, head over to Discord channel and chat with other artists having a crack. To see all the Weekly Drill projects just follow this link.
- Use your favorite art supplies, software and workflow.
- Only submit work created during this week.
- Submit as many entries as you want.
- You can use concept art, models, textures and other assets and include it in your project. However, make sure to credit the artist by linking to their work and explain exactly what you created.
- You must tag your project with #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #InsectWorld
- Submission open Friday, October 3, 2020
- Submission close Friday, October 9, 2020
Justin Mohlman will evaluate entries and select a winner based on quality, creativity, and adherence to the challenge theme.
Official Weekly Drills Achievement badge to show off on your profile page.
To enter this Weekly Drill, simple create a project for your portfolio and tag it. Remember, keep these drills loose and stress-free. This drill is about growing our digital skills, together, as a community.Create Weekly Drill Project
How many entries can I submit?
As many as you want.
How do I tag my project?
During Step 2 of the project building process, you will see a tag input field in the right column under your project title and description input fields. Note: Do not include "#" with your tag (eg: #RookiesWeeklyDrills), the tool already handles that for you. See below for example.