This week we want you to create a skateboard project. Then simply tag it #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #Skateboard.
Create it for a hero character is a game, or even for a prop in the background of a digital movie set. Which ever approach you take, make sure it suits your desired end goal. Is your board fresh, or has it been banged up? Pay close attention to the construction of the skateboard. They are usually made of a 7-ply maple plywood deck with a polyurethane coating for smoothness and durability. The trucks and wheels are always super well engineered, so don't rush these parts either.
To get some feedback on your work-in-progress project before you submit it, head over to Discord channel and chat with other artists having a crack. To see all the Weekly Drill projects just follow this link.
- Use your favourite art supplies, software and workflow.
- Only submit work created during this week.
- Submit as many entries as you want.
- You can use concept art, models, textures and other assets and include it in your project. However, make sure to credit the artist by linking to their work and explain exactly what you created.
- You must tag your project with #RookiesWeeklyDrills and #Skateboard
- Submission open Friday, December 5, 2020
- Submission close Friday, December 11, 2020
Justin Mohlman will evaluate entries and select a winner based on quality, creativity, and adherence to the challenge theme.
Official Weekly Drills Achievement badge to show off on your profile page.
To enter this Weekly Drill, simple create a project for your portfolio and tag it. Remember, keep these drills loose and stress-free. This drill is about growing our digital skills, together, as a community.Create Weekly Drill Project
How many entries can I submit?
As many as you want.
How do I tag my project?
During Step 2 of the project building process, you will see a tag input field in the right column under your project title and description input fields. Note: Do not include "#" with your tag (e.g. #RookiesWeeklyDrills), the tool already handles that for you. See below for example.